Almond Joy Hot Chocolate
A creamy hot cocoa with vanilla, almond, and coconut essence
1/3 cup baking cocoa powder
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
4 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1. Combine baking cocoa and sugar in a bowl; using a spoon, mix, paying special attention to break apart all cocoa clumps.
2. Add dry mixture to a large pan and add 1/3 cup milk to mixture.
WithÂ a spatula or whisk, thoroughly mix until a smooth texture.
3. Slowly stir in the remaining milk.
4. Stir in the vanilla and extracts.
5. Pour mixture into a saucepan or stock pot and heat at medium. Stir frequently and do NOT bring to a boil.
6. When hot, ladle into mugs. Enjoy!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.