1 cup warm water (very hot tap water should be the right temp for the yeast)
1/3 cup sugar
1 package of dry active yeast (or 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of canola oil (or whatever oil you have handy)
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup ground flax seed (I just ground a bit of flax seed in my coffee grinder, placed the flax in my one cup measure and finished filling it with flour in order to make a total 3 cups mix of flax and AP flour)
Using a bread machine.
1. Dissolve sugar in warm water and stir in yeast. Mixture should stand about 15 minutes (until creamy foam appears). Put into bread machine pan and add oil. Swish around to mix them together.
2. Add flour & flax seed on top, and salt on top of the flour. Set machine to dough setting and start.
3. When dough is made and has risen the first time (the bread machine should beep to tell you when the dough setting is complete), take it out of the bread machine pan and work it lightly in your hands to get the air bubbles out. I just cover my hands with flour then pick up the dough and work it lightly on the counter for a few moments.
4. Form into a loaf and put in a greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 30-45 minutes, until almost doubled in size.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until done. If loaf is browning too quickly, cover top loosely with foil. When bread is finished, take it out of the oven and allow it to set for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack, and cover until loaf is cool.