A flavorful medley of blueberries and rhubarb with a crispy oat crumb topping! Yield:
16 servings Ingredients:
4 heaping cups rhubarb, washed and thinly sliced (1/2 inch)*
4 slightly-heaping cups whole blueberries, washed and drained
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
Crumb topping ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups rolled (“old fashioned”) oats
1. In a large bowl, toss the fruit with the sugar, flour, and vanilla. If using fresh blueberries, toss gently! 🙂
2. In another bowl, mix with a fork the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix in oats last, using clean hands if needed.
3. Pour fruit mixture into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle crumble topping over fruit.
4. Bake in the middle of the oven at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until fruit tests done. (Mostly you just want to be sure the rhubarb isn’t still hard!)
5. Serve warm with ice cream, or cool in pan. Enjoy! 🙂
*Can substitute frozen sliced rhubarb.
**Frozen blueberries work as well. 🙂
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: