Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
A flavorful moist carrot cake with sweet cream cheese frosting Yield:
18 servings Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups finely grated carrots*
1/4 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3-4 cups powdered sugar
Ground cinnamon and ground walnuts, for dusting (optional) Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend sugar and oil. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice and mix.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, and baking powder. Fold into the batter in the large bowl.
3. Stir in carrots, pineapple, and walnuts to make a thick batter.
4. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until cake tests done. Cool in pan on a wire rack, covered with a thin clean towel.
5. To make icing, mix ingredients in order listed, using an electric mixer. Spread over cake and dust with cinnamon and walnuts if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.