4 skin-on chicken breasts
salt & pepper
16 oz mushrooms, sliced thickly
3/4 cup chicken stock approx.
1T corn starch
3 cloves, minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken on all sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Place chicken skin-side down in skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; stir mushrooms with a pinch of salt into skillet.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and loosely tent with foil; set aside.
- Set skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat; cook and stir mushrooms until brown bits start to form on the bottom of the pan, toss in minced garlic, about 5 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the skillet, and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Make a slurry of corn starch and chicken stock, pour into mixture. Stir. Add butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Set chicken and any accumulated juices into mushrooms gravy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve over egg noodles.
NOTES: Think about serving over farro or other whole grain to make healthier.