Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Salad (Untried, but looks good)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup prechopped tomato
- 1/2 cup prechopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add tomato, onion, cilantro, and avocado; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1 tortilla to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and tortillas.
- 3. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Layer each tortilla with 1/2 cup lettuce, about 1/2 cup beans, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup avocado salsa, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Mary Drennen, Cooking Light