A quick and easy sweet chocolate cookie with quick oats and coconut, made on the stove-top Yield:
2 dozen Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa (powder)
1/2 cup milk
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup coconut (or nuts of your choice) Instructions:
1. In a large stock pot, combine sugar, cocoa, and milk, whisking until mixed. Measure oats and coconut in a bowl or large measuring cup and set aside.
2. Add butter and salt and then heat over medium to medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. (Use whisk to remove lumps if necessary.)
3. Continue heating and stirring until mixture boils. When mixture is at a full boil (it will be very bubbly!) time for 4 1/2 minutes. Stir constantly while timing.
4. Remove pan from heat and add vanilla, oats, and coconut. Quickly stir until the oats are completely covered with chocolate.
5. Drop mixture by teaspoons onto a sheet of waxed paper. Cookies will harden as they cool. Yummy!!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.