A gourmet homemade Italian almond chocolate biscotti: dark, crunchy, and slightly sweet Yield:
24 small slices Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
Optional: Melted chocolate chips, for dipping Instructions:
1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa and set aside.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and extract, mixing well.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in almonds. Dough will be stiff.
4. Divide dough in half. Form two logs and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, and then slice into 1/2-inch slices.
5. Lay slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees, turning once during baking time. Cool on wire rack.
Optional: In a long shallow dish, melt chocolate chips. Dip bottoms of biscotti in melted chocolate. Cool on waxed or parchment paper.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: