Classic Almond Chocolate Biscotti
A gourmet homemade Italian almond chocolate biscotti: dark, crunchy, and slightly sweet
24 small slices
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
Optional: Melted chocolate chips, for dipping
1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa and set aside.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and extract, mixing well.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in almonds. Dough will be stiff.
4. Divide dough in half. Form two logs and place on a greased cookie
sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, and then
slice into 1/2-inch slices.
5. Lay slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes
at 300 degrees, turning once during baking time. Cool on wire rack.
Optional: In a long shallow dish, melt chocolate chips. Dip bottoms of biscotti in melted chocolate. Cool on waxed or parchment paper.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.