1 lb asparagus trimmed, cut into 2 in pieces
1/2 cup diced onion
1 t celery salt
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup whole milk
1. In a pan you use for soups, cook asparagus in 2 cups of boiling water until tender
2. Add onion & celery salt, cook until soft.
3. Puree asparagus mixture in a blender
4. In the soup pan, make a golden roux from the butter and flour.
5. Whisk in milk & cream and stir until mixture thickens.
6. Add asparagus mixture from blender, salt & pepper to taste and serve.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: