A smooth and satisfying rich dark chocolate pudding Yield:
16 servings Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder*
5 tablespoons corn starch
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons vanilla extract Instructions:
1. Sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt, to remove lumps. Put mixture into a large (6 quart or larger) heavy stock pot and gradually whisk milk into mixture. Gently whisk in the cream.
2. In a separate bowl, briskly beat the eggs. Add them to the milk mixture and whisk until well-mixed (to avoid lumps).
3. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-medium-high heat. Monitor closely and stir/whisk frequently as it heats. Depending on the heaviness of your pan and the heat setting of your burner, you may need to almost constantly stir the pudding as it comes to a boil. I usually turn the heat to med-high and just stand and stir the whole time.
4. When pudding starts to boil, allow it to bubble for a minute. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla extract, until chocolate and butter are melted and pudding is smooth.
5. Cool pudding for a while with the lid for the pan on (or nearly on, if your lids seal when things cool inside).
6. When pudding is warm (rather than hot) transfer to a container and place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the pudding to prevent a film from forming as it finishes cooling. (I don’t mind a little film, so I skip that part.)
7. Store pudding in a sealed container in the fridge and serve cold. This pudding doesn’t taste as good warm/hot (in my opinion), unlike my creamy vanilla pudding which is heavenly when eaten fresh and warm!
However, once the pudding has chilled it is a delicious, rich dark chocolate pudding. I love this pudding! If you ever crave chocolate, this is a great way to satisfy your taste buds! 🙂
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: