Double Chocolate Italian Cheesecake
chocolate crust with a layer of creamy white chocolate cheesecake
followed by a layer of dark chocolate cheesecake, topped with a
semi-sweet chocolate glaze
1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ounces bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate, melted and cooled to just above room temperature
6 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled to just above room temperature
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Combine crust ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour mixture into a greased
9-inch springform pan and press flat. Wrap the bottom and outside of
the pan with foil. We recommend two layers of extra-wide heavy-duty
foil. We also use a rectangular piece of cardboard (4-6 inches long and
2-3 inches wide) placed between the latch (on the outside of the
springform) and the foil, to prevent the latch from piercing the foil.
2. Perheat oven to 325 degrees. Put softened cream cheese, whipping
cream, softened butter, and sugarÂ in a large bowl. Mix at medium-low
speed just until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix
on low speed until blended.
3. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly into two bowls. Add melted
bittersweet chocolate to one, stirring to mix. Add melted white
chocolate to the other, stirring to mix.
4. Pour white chocolate cheesecake batter into prepared pan,
smoothing into a flat layer. Gently spoon bittersweet chocolate in a
layer over the white chocolate batter. Place springform pan in a large
shallow roaster or broiler pan. Fill pan with an inch of hot water.
5. Bake 60-80 minutes or until edges are puffed and top looks dull
and is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when side of pan is
tapped. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven for an hour. Cool
to room temperature; refrigerate overnight.
6. Make glaze by melting chocolate and butter over medium heat,
stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup. Allow
glaze to cool slightly (to about 80 degrees).
7. Remove sides from springform pan. Place cheesecake on a wire rack over a baking sheet or countertop. Pour glaze over top and sides of cheesecake, spreading with a spatula. Refrigerate until set. Slice into 16 pieces. Store in refrigerator or freeze for longer storage.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.