Squares of buttery walnut crust with a thin layer of creamy vanilla cheesecake, sprinkled with a nutty crumb topping and baked Yield:
24 squares Ingredients:
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour*
1 cup finely chopped walnuts**
2/3 cup butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and nuts together. Add melted butter and stir or mix with clean hands until light and crumbly.
2. Set aside 1 1/2 cups to be used as topping. Press the remainder firmly into an 9×13-inch baking pan. (I use the back of a metal pancake turner to press down.) Bake for 12 minutes.
3. While crust is baking, in another bowl mix cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on low until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently until mixed.
4. Pour batter into the baking dish over the prepared baked crust and sprinkle the 1 1/2 cups reserved crumbs on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. (Don’t bake too long, or cheesecake will be dry and not as creamy!)
5. Cool in dish on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Keep refrigerated and use within 7 days, or freeze the cheesecake squares in a Ziplock freezer bag, with waxed paper between layers to prevent sticking.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.