Hearty and slightly sweet, these golden pancakes are bursting with flavor! Yield:
4-5 servings Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups whole grain flour (I like to combine Paul’s 7-grain flour with whole wheat pastry flour)
4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk or buttermilk
4 eggs Instructions:
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
3. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
4. Lightly oil a griddle or skillet (cast iron or non-stick works best) and heat over medium heat until hot.
5. Spoon batter onto griddle. Flip pancakes when bubbles break (and don’t re-close). Serve hot with syrup, fruit, or just enjoy plain! Leftover pancakes can be re-warmed in the toaster.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.