A smooth, creamy, spicy “egg nog”, made with milk and cream, vanilla pudding, nutmeg, and cinnamon Yield:
8 servings Ingredients:
2 quarts (8 cups) cold pasturized milk
1 package (3.5 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla*
1 cup heavy whipping cream Instructions:
1. Pour pudding into a pitcher or jug with a tight-fitting lid; an empty gallon milk jug works very well. If using an empty milk jug you may want to use a funnel.
2. Add milk and shake until pudding powder is thoroughly mixed and dissolved, about 2 minutes.
3. Mix sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small cup or bowl. Stirring the mixture with a spoon will allow you to use the sugar as an abrasive to break up the spices and allow them to mix smoothly into your nog.
4. Add sugar and spice mixture as well as the vanilla to the milk and pudding mixture. Stir or shake vigorously.
5. Add heavy whipping cream and stir thoroughly.