Fluffy Kefir Pancakes
The most delicious, fluffy pancakes you will ever eat, made with kefir! Yield:
10-12 pancakes Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups kefir*
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Fresh fruit, butter, or syrup, for serving Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine kefir, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add to dry mixture and mix just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy!
3. Pre-heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (or just below). Lightly grease griddle or skillet, and spoon batter on.
4. When many bubbles have risen to the top of the pancake (about 3-4 minutes), flip over and continue cooking until done (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Serve immediately, or keep pancakes warm on a plate in the oven until all have been cooked. Serve with butter, fresh fruit, or syrup. Enjoy!