Glazed Pumpkin Spice Bread
A soft and fluffy pumpkin spiced quick bread with a cinnamon glaze drizzled on top! The best pumpkin bread ever!
8 mini loaves, 3 regular loaves, or 24 muffins
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves*
1 teaspoon ground cinnamoon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
~1 teaspoon water
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, orange juice, and orange zest. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining dry
ingredients. Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, and
stir until no lumps remain.
3. Lightly grease and flour loaf pans or muffin pans. (This recipe
will fill about 8 mini loaf pans, OR 3 regular loaf pans, OR 24
muffins.) Fill pans or muffin cups 3/4 full.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes
(muffins), 20 minutes (mini loaves), or 25-30 minutes (regular loaves).
Check with a toothpick or fork (should come out clean).
5. Remove bread from pans and place on a wire rack to cool, covered
with a clean towel. While cooling, mix powdered sugar and cinnamon in a
small bowl. Add just enough water to make a glaze. Poke tops of bread
with a fork or toothpick, and drizzle the glaze over the warm bread.
Slice bread with a thin serrated knife and serve warm, or allow bread to finish cooling, and store in a sealed bag or container.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.