Delicious grilled thin-crust pizza: homemade crust and your favorite toppings! Yield:
Four 10-inch pizzas, about 8 generous servings Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour*
1 tablespoon dry yeast
Oil and salt, for brushing crusts
Toppings of your choice:
–about 1/4 cup pizza sauce for each pizza
–about 6 ounces (1.5 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese for each pizza
Pepperoni, chopped onions, diced peppers, crushed red pepper, sliced olives, etc. Instructions:
1. Prepare dough by mixing the warm water, salt, oil, and yeast in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in flour. Knead with clean hands, adding more water if necessary to form a smooth, elastic dough. Dough shouldn’t bee too sticky, since it will need to hold together when rolled out into a crust.
You can also make the dough in a bread machine. Add crust ingredients in order listed and start machine on the dough setting. Add additional water if needed as the machine operates, scraping sides of the pan if needed, until a smooth dough has formed.
Allow dough to rest for 5-10 minutes, covered.
2. Separate dough into four parts. On a lightly-floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 10-inch circle.
3. Pre-heat grill to medium-high. Brush one side of the rolled dough with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place crust, oiled-side-down, on the pre-heated grill.** Grill with lid open until bottom is browned, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove crust from grill and place on a metal baking sheet (or other heat-safe surface). Brush the top (the side that hadn’t been grilled yet) with oil and sprinkle with salt. Flip crust over.
5. With the grilled side facing up, place toppings on grilled side, being careful to not overload with toppings since the crust is fairly thin.
5. When toppings have been added, return pizza to the grill, with the second oiled side down and the toppings facing up (of course! haha). Grill with the lid closed for 5-6 minutes on high, until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
Remove from grill, cut, and serve hot! Yum! 🙂
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.