- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix the soy sauce, 1 cup water, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Set aside 1/3 cup of the mixture. Place the chicken in the bag, seal, and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Pour marinade from the bag into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Mix in the cornstarch, and cook and stir until thickened.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking dish. Basting frequently with the reserved 1/3 cup marinade, broil 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Place chicken over the cooked rice, and top with boiled marinade to serve.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: