This recipe uses the usual noodles and cheeses that you would expect to use for everyday lasagna, but the sauce is white, rich, and buttery, and loaded with lots of sliced mushrooms! Yield:
8 servings Ingredients:
8 ounces lasagna noodles
1 pound sliced, fresh mushrooms
5 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
3 cups milk
1/2 cup chopped parsley, divided
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese Instructions:
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; Drain well and set aside.
2. Saute mushrooms and garlic in melted butter in large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
3. Stir in salt and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low. Add the flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add 1/3 cup parsley, stirring well.
4. Spread 1 cup of the mushroom mixture in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer 1/3 of lasagna noodles over mushroom mixture. Spread 1/3 of mozzarella cheese over ricotta cheese. Spread 1 cup of mushroom mixture over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkly with 1/3 of parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lasagna is hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.