Cinnamon-sugar sprinkled over baked apple pieces; delicious hot or cold! Yield:
9 servings Ingredients:
9 cooking apples (anything except Red Delicious will work)
3/4 cup water
lemon juice, optional
3-4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon Instructions:
1. Peel apples. Cut each apple in half and remove the core.
2. Place apples core-side-up in a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Pour a little water into the dish — about 3/4 cup — so that there’s a thin layer on the bottom.
3. If apples are not very tart, sprinkle with lemon juice. For tart apples, skip this step.
4. Sprinkle each apple half with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
6. Bake uncovered in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until apples test tender with a fork. Serve hot or cold, or over ice cream!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: