An all-natural fruit cake with pecans, dates, and pineapple! Yield:
4-5 dozen small slices Ingredients:
1 cup honey
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 ounces chopped pecans**
12 ounces dried pineapple slices, finely chopped
12 ounces dried pitted dates, finely chopped** Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the honey, eggs, flour, vanilla, and salt, stirring until well-mixed.
2. Add the nuts and dried fruit, and stir well.
3. Grease small loaf pans — either four 3×5-inch pans or six mini loaf pans (1.5×4.5-inch).
4. Pack fruit cake batter tightly into the greased pans and bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until the cake tests done (clean toothpick or fork in center). Edges will be browned.
5. Remove cake from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack. Slice thinly.
Fruit cake can be frozen (I wrap in wax paper and then in foil for freezing).
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.