This is the best easy homemade apple pie recipe, with a spicy cinnamon and nutmeg apple filling. Simple to make, and a favorite with many! Yield:
8 servings Ingredients:
6 to 8 tart apples, pared, cored, and thinly sliced (6 cups)
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter, sliced thinly
one 9-inch unbaked pie pastry with top Instructions:
1. If apples lack tartness, sprinkle with about 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour, and spices in large mixing bowl.
2. Add apples to sugar mixture and stir to coat.
3. Fill unbaked pie pastry with apple mixture, and lay slices of butter on top.
4. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam; seal. Sprinkle top of crust with additional sugar if desired.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples test to doneness desired.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.