- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups quartered grape tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine quinoa and water in a smalpot, ring to a boil, cover and let sit, removed from heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Cool quickly by running it under cold water.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss well.