Tender cuts of venison, marinated in a brown sugar, soy sauce, rum and cola mixture, wrapped in turkey baconÂ and baked Yield:
Varies, depending on size of cut of venison Ingredients:
1/4 cup rum*
1/4 can cola**
1/2 cup soy sauce***
uncooked turkey bacon Instructions:
1. Combine 1/4 can of pepsi with a shot of rum (about 1/4 cup rum or a few drops rum flavoring); stir. Add 1/2 cup of soy sauce, and enough brown sugar to make a nice thick paste. Mix well with a fork.
2. Lay meat out in a shallow dish that can be covered; pour marinade on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour, no more than 4 hours.
3. After meat has marinated to your liking, take 2-3 strips ofÂ uncooked turkey bacon, and wrap around the pieces of meat. If using tenderloin, wrap the entire piece in slices of the bacon.
4. Place meat on a cooking pan (jellyroll pans work the best!). Once all pieces are wrapped and on the pan, spoon a bit of the marinade on the wrapped meat.
5. Transfer to a 350 degree oven, and cook for about 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, spoon/baste the meat with more marinade. Discard any
leftover marinade after this. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, depending
on the thickness of the meat. When you can start to smell the meat in
other parts of your home, its almost done! Cook venison as you would
Serve with green salad, buttered cooked sweet potatoes, and rolls. Enjoy!
*Or rum flavoring. I like using real rum better.
**We use Pepsi.
***We use the Kikkoman low sodium.
****The meat will get very dark, due to all of the sugars used; don’t worry, you’re not burning it unless it smells burnt!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.