This dense, creamy New York cheesecake is easy to make and turns out perfectly every time! No air bubbles, no excess browning — just the best cheesecake ever! Yield:
16 servings Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs*
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
3 pounds (48 ounces) softened cream cheese**
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
4 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream Instructions:
1. To prepare crust, mix crust ingredients in a bowl. Press mixture firmly in the bottom of a lightly-greased 10-inch springform pan. Bake crust for 6-8 minutes at 325 degrees. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the 1 3/4 cups sugar by hand or on LOW with an electric mixer, until well-mixed.
3. Add the eggs, a couple at a time, stirring by hand to combine. Stir in the vanilla and then gently stir in the cream. You should have a nice smooth batter.
4. Pour batter over the prepared cooled crust. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
If using a CheesecakeMoat, fill outer ring of CheesecakeMoat half way with room-temperature water, and place springform pan with cheesecake batter in the inner circle of the CheesecakeMoat.
If you don’t have a CheesecakeMoat, I recommend using a 9×13-inch dish of water placed on the shelf below the cheesecake (with cheesecake on shelf above, NOT in the 9×13) or else a traditional water bath.
Cheesecake batter and CheesecakeMoat, ready to go in the oven
5. Bake cheesecake at 250 degrees for about 3 hours. The top of the cheesecake should feel firm to a soft touch, and be only lightly browned.
6. Remove cheesecake from oven and allow to cool in pan. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Cut with dental floss or a sharp thin knife (wash knife between each cut). Serve plain, or with your favorite cheesecake topping (strawberries, cherries, whipped cream, lemon glaze, etc.).
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: