A thick, creamy pie filling, overflowing with chunks of tangy rhubarb and sweet strawberries Yield:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon nutmug
1 1/2 Tablespoons sure gel/clear jel*
4 cups rhubarb (stalks chopped into 1/2 inch segments)
3 cups stemmed strawberries (small: cut in half; large: quartered)
1 double pie crust (unbaked)Â
1 Tablespoon sugar Instructions:
1. Prepare bottomÂ crustÂ in a 9″ pie dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, and sure gel/clear jelÂ in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs in a bowl and add to above mixture.
4. Add chopped rhubarb to mixture and coat thoroughly.
5. Add sliced strawberries and coat well.
6. Pour mixture into pie crust and place top crust over pie (be sure there are steam vents in top crust–use fork or butter knife to cut some). Wet edges and crimp to seal. Sprinkle tablespoon of sugar evenly across the crust.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Rhubarb should be tender when done. **
* If you do not have sure gel/clear jel, you can substitute corn starch.
** You may wish to cover the pie with foil to prevent over browning of the crust.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.