Tangy-sweet lemonade with bits of juicy strawberries Yield:
48-56 oz Ingredients:
2 large lemons, washed
3/4-1 c sugar*
6-7 c water*
2 c strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
1/8-1/4 c sugar Instructions:
1. Slice lemons as thinly as possible. Put lemon slices and 3/4-1 c sugar into a large bowl or pan.
2. Using a potato masher, mash lemon slices with sugar, squeezing out juice.
3. Add water (to taste) and additional sugar if needed. Strain out seeds and rinds.**
4. Combine strawberries with 1/8 c sugar and mash. Add more sugar if needed.
5. To serve, pour lemonade into a glass and add several tablespoons of the strawberry mixture. Additional Notes:
*Taste your lemonade as you make it, to get the right amount of sugar and water, since lemon size and taste buds vary 😀
**Lemon rinds may be eaten, and are actually quite tasty when sliced very thinly and eaten fresh. Don’t leave the rinds in your lemonade for longer than 30 minutes or so, because they will make it bitter.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.