A creamy vanilla cheesecake with vanilla bean specks Yield:
16 servings Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 vanilla bean pod
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract Instructions:
1. Combine crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well-mixed. Press crumbs into a greased 9-inch springform pan, working crumbs up the sides of the pan if desired. Bake crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. Place softened cream cheese into a large bowl.
3. Scrape the soft inside seeds out of the vanilla bean. In a small bowl, stir the vanilla bean seeds into the sugar until evenly dispersed. Add cornstarch and mix well.
4. Add sugar mixture to cream cheese; beat with mixer on medium-low until smooth (about 2 minutes).
5. Crack eggs into a separate bowl; add eggs one at a time to the filling mixture, beating on low speed and scraping down the sides after adding each egg. Add sour cream and vanilla extract.
6. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 80-90 minutes or until almost set. Sides should be set with a slight rippling effect at the center of the cake (the cake will completely set as it cools and is refrigerated).
7. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. After 30-60 minutes you can remove the springform; you may need to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake. After cooled, place cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: