Garden pasta, red pepper, zucchini, broccoli, tuna, and cheese, combined in a flavorful and creamy sauce Yield:
4-6 servings Ingredients:
2 cups garden spiral pasta
1 large red bell pepper
1 large zucchini
1 head broccoli or approximately 2 cups chopped
1 large can tuna, drained (I used 6 ounces of tuna)
1 cup (4 ounces)Â monterey jack cheese, grated (or more)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon hot sauce (or less)
2 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons flour
Salt & Pepper to taste Instructions:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
2. Chop bell pepper, zucchini and broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Saute in oil, then add soy sauce. Don’t overcook; vegetables should still be crisp.
3. In small saucepan, melt butter. Add salt, pepper and hotsauce. Whisk in flour. Add milk. Stir constantly and bring to a boil over med heat. Boil & stir one minute.
4. Add vegetables to pasta in large bowl. Add sauce & stir together. Stir in one handful cheese. Place in 9″x13″ baking pan and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
5. Bake in 375* oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Additional Notes:
This recipe was submitted to Tammysrecipes.com by Amy B. She writes, “This might not seem like anything special, but it is a pretty tasty dinner.”
When I (Tammy) made the recipe, I used the full amount of hot sauce (we use Tapatio brand) and we thought it was a little too hot for our tastes. I also used more cheese than the recipe calls for, probably at least double (8 ounces or more), but I didn’t measure that. It was good that way!
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: