about 8 crepes Ingredients:
1 cup milk
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour*
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
butter or coconut oil, for frying**
Maple syrup, fruit syrup, or sweetened cream cheese (or kefir or yogurt), for serving Instructions:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well-beaten. Add the flour, sugar, and salt and whisk briskly until batter is smooth.
2. Allow batter to rest for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly (will still be thin, though!).
3. Heat an 8- to 10-inch skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, put 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of butter or coconut oil in the skillet. As soon as it’s melted, pour in 1/4 cup of batter***. Tip the skillet to spread batter in a thin circle.
4. Flip crepe after about a minute, when top is dry and crepe is holding together enough to flip. Cook for an additional 30 seconds or so.
5. Continue cooking crepes in this fashion, adding 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil before each one, and cooking 1/4 cup of batter at a time.
Serve hot, with syrup or other toppings of your choice! 🙂
This recipe was taken from Tammy’s Recipes.