An easy, chewy bar cookie with oats and chocolate chips! Yield:
24 squares Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 cups rolled (“old-fashioned”) oats
12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips** Instructions:
1. Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on high.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda, all at the same time. Stir in oats. Last, add chocolate chips and stir them in (or use clean hands, if the dough is too stiff).
3. Press cookie dough into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Dough should be somewhat flattened, but it’s okay for some cracks to remain. 🙂
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cookies are set in the middle.
5. Cool for 20 minutes; cut into 24 squares. Delicious warm or cold! 🙂
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.