This simple homemade apple pie features a creamy filling and the flavors of vanilla, sour cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon Yield:
8 servings Ingredients:
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3-4 large Granny SmithÂ apples (or other cooking apples), pared, cored, and thinlyÂ sliced (about 5 cups)
one 9-inch unbaked bottom pie crust
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup quick oats Instructions:
1. In small mixing bowl, mix ingredients for crumb topping, adding oats last, and adding justÂ enough oatsÂ to make the mixture crumbly. Set bowl in refrigerator to chill. (Mixture will be clumpy until well-chilled.)
2. In large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons flour, the egg, sour cream, vanilla, and nutmeg. Stir until well-mixed. Add apples and toss to coat.
3. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until apples are somewhat softened.
4. Remove crumb topping mixture from refrigerator, and crumble with fork. Sprinkle over pie and return pie to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until apples test to doneness desired.
5. Chill pie before serving.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.