A homemade thin-crust unleavened pizza topped with your favorite pizza toppings! (Topping suggestions included!) Yield:
8 individual-size pizzas Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups water
6 to 6 1/2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
Your favorite pizza toppings: See additional notes for suggestions! Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl*, combine the oil, honey, salt, eggs, and water. Stir until well-mixed. Stir in about 4 cups of the flour, then add more flour as needed and knead into a fairly stiff dough.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough into 8 pieces. On a lightly-floured surface, roll each piece into a very thin circle, about 8 inches in diameter — but really as thin as you can get it.** Place rolled dough onto lightly-greased baking sheets.
3. Bake pizza crusts for about 6 minutes, just until very lightly browned and not doughy.
4. Remove from oven and spread with your favorite pizza toppings. Place pizzas back into the oven to bake until cheese is melty and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve hot!
* If you have a bread machine, you can use the dough cycle for this step. Just place ingredients in machine in order listed and allow it to knead until a smooth dough has formed. Remove dough from machine (before “rising time” has started) and proceed with step 2.
A Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook can also be used for step 1 in this recipe.
**Another rolling option: Roll dough on a silicone baking mat. This eliminates the lightly-floured surface part and greasing the baking sheet, as the mat is non-stick.
Pizza Topping Suggestions:
For Matza Pizza, I think the toppings are the most important part! So, I suggest loading up the pizza with some more flavorful options than just sauce and cheese. 🙂
Pictured: Fresh spinach leaves, pineapple, black olives, mozzarella cheese, and red sauce.
Mediterranean Herb: grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and an Italian dressing for the sauce.
Chicken Garlic: grilled chicken, sliced green onions, chopped fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and Ranch dressing + minced garlic for the sauce.
Taco Pizza: seasoned taco meat, red sauce, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese. Serve with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Chicken Bacon Artichoke: grilled chicken, turkey bacon, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, chopped artichoke hearts, and Italian dressing for the sauce.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.