A soft cookie squares made with whole wheat, rolled oats, cinnamon, and honey Yield:
48 squares Ingredients:
6 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup cold water Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine honey, oil, and water. Mix well, then add to dry ingredients and stir until mixture forms a thick, crumbly/stiff dough.
3. Grease two 10×15-inch jelly roll pans. Put half of the dough on each sheet and press flat, using your fingers or a spatula. Using a pizza cutter or butter knife, slice each sheet into 24 squares.
4. Bake sheets at 400 degrees for 13-18 minutes, or until lightly browned, switching racks half-way through baking.
5. Remove pans from oven to wire racks, and allow the cookies to cool on the pans. Re-slice, remove from pans, and store in an air-tight container or bag.
This recipe is from Tammy’s Recipes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: